Can't view the image? Download a pdf.
See notes for further clarification below.
- Complete all assignments. I do not assign "busy work," and I believe that effort is critical to mastery.
- The only way you do not earn any credit for an assignment is if you plagiarize, choose not to complete it, or do not make it up after an absence. (See make-up guidelines below.)
- Keep track of your completed work (PowerSchools) and upcoming assignments.
- Understand that Powerschools is a tool to help you ensure grades are entered correctly. Once a grade has been entered into PowerSchools, the assignment has passed the deadline, and it may be too late to submit it.
- Read notes in Powerschools as I use those to communicate information regarding grades.
- Hold onto everything that we do as it counts as a receipt in the event of an error and will help you prepare for other assignments.
Please review the Assessment Mastery Policy (AMP) on the school website. You will have the ability to AMP assignments that meet the parameters outlined in the policy.
While you may have some opportunities to earn bonus points, these will not replace any assignments that you choose not to complete, and students who have not completed major assessments may be ineligible.
Practice and Process = 15% (DSS, vocabulary, minor classwork, homework, notes, grammar exercises)
Minor assessments = 30% (Reader Response Journals, constructed response questions and literary analysis, quizzes, in-class writings)
Major assessments = 55% (Tests, large collaborative and individual projects, presentations, formal essays)
Final grade — first quarter= 40% second quarter=40% EOC= 20%
- Make-up work only applies if you are absent from class.
- You are responsible. Check the website or class notebook, and get handouts the day that you return from an absence.
- See me outside of class time (i.e. lunch, before or after school) for help or clarification.
- Send me a text through Remind with questions.
- Turn in make up work no later than the Monday following your absence. Special guidelines may be in place for minor and major assessments, so read assignment directions carefully.
- Take tests and quizzes during designated times (lunch, before or after school).
- English SMART lunch is Monday. I am available most other days except for Tuesday. Just ask.
- I may available other days and times such as after school. Please ask.
- I do not accept late practice and process work. Period.
- I will accept a minor assessment up to five days after the deadline for 0-50% credit. The grade will depend on accuracy and effort. This does not include quizzes, which may be made up without penalty.
- A major assessment will lose 10% percent each day it is late. This is cumulative. After five days, it will not count more than 50%, and you should speak with me to see if you can still complete it. Tests may be made up without penalty.
- I mark assignments as missing to provide information only. You will not be able to complete these for credit.
- Please do not ask me for a list of "missing" assignments.
- Do not complete assignments marked missing in PowerSchools. You should always speak with me first.
- If you see a pattern of missing assignments, then you need to see me for help.