Alternative to short story team project
You have been directed to this page because your were either absent or chose not to complete the short story team project. This assignment is the alternative work. In order to earn credit (3 major assessments worth), you must complete the project in full and submit it on time.
Please see me during lunch or after school, or message me on Remind with any questions.
Step 1: Read "The Lady or the Tiger" (you can access it here). If you need a hard copy, please contact me.
Step 2: Answer all of the questions at the end of the story using complete sentences.
Step 3: Complete the analysis sheet. You can access a copy here. See me if you need a hard copy.
Step 4: Complete the alternative presentation as directed below.
Alternative Assignment for Class Presentation
You were absent or did not participate in your team’s presentation; therefore, I cannot assign you a presentation grade. Because of the nature of the assignment and our limited time, I have developed an alternative assignment for you. This will take the place of the presentation grade.
You will research and write a paper on presentation skills.
- Find at least five sources that discuss effective presentation skills. They may be website, books, or videos. However, they must be reliable sources such as those from schools, libraries, and businesses. A blog or Wikipedia entry is not appropriate.
- Provide a reference for each source. I would prefer MLA format, but I do not expect you to know this. At the very least you need to include the author, title, and link or statement of where you found the source.
- Write a paper that covers the following topics:
- How to plan and organize a presentation
- Characteristics of an effective presentation
- Skills required for an effective presentation
- Guidelines for including visuals in a presentation
- How classroom presentations are relevant to the real world and why they are important
- Your paper should be at least three pages long. You may break it into sections with topics, but do not copy and paste from a website (plagiarize).